Wednesday 10 October 2012

Report on the Preliminary Exercise



Media Preliminary Exercise: The Job Interveiw
 
 
Daniel Faint, Jimmy Beaton, Shannon Pratt, Megan McMillan and I filmed in Mr O’Sullivan’s office on the 9th of October 2012 for our first preliminary exercise. The equipment we used for filming and editing for this exercise was a Canon Legria camcorder plus Adobe Premiere editing software. With this exercise we were only practicing a few skills, these were:
·         Match on Action,
·         The Rule of Thirds,
·         Shot Reverse Shot,
·         Hollywood Editing
·         1800 Rule.
I feel that the task went very well as we got all the shots that we wanted, variating shots and angles, and I think that it had a really good outcome. But I think the parts that didn’t go so well were how limited we were around the room as there wasn’t enough space to put the camera and tripod at times, but we managed and was able to come up with a good 30 second piece of work.

Preliminary Task Final Cut

 

 
 

Evaluation of the Preliminary Exercise
 
I feel that this went really well overall, the shots that we used had a wide range of variety from close ups to long shots. I feel though that with the shots we could have re-done a few as we accidently stepped over the 180o line at one point, but the clip that happened in wasn’t shown in our version of the task.
 
The sound that was used in this task was quite loud and clear so in the interview part of the clip we heard every word that was said. But at the beginning part of the clip there was a lot of noise going on so if something was said you wouldn’t have been able to hear it because of the noisy background.
 
The editing that was used for this piece was very good in my opinion as the cuts were at the right places and the match on action was exactly perfect. We also used a dip to black to show that time had passed and the interview had begun.
 
I think that my current level of production is at a high intermediate level as I know a lot about media, editing and camera work but I feel that there is more that I could learn to make myself better.






No comments:

Post a Comment