Tuesday 15 January 2013

Question 1


Question 1
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Title

In the past conventionally titles have been made to appear right at the start of a film but I have followed the more recent conventions of the latest films by having my titles appear towards the end of the opening.

Setting

For my film opening it is using a stereotypical setting for its genre. My genre for the film opening is Horror / Thriller so the location of a dark underpass is appropriate.

Costume

The costumes that have used for my film opening are dark rugged clothes for the antagonist to make it clear to the audience that he is the evil one, and the costume for the protagonist is made up of lighter colours and fewer layers to try and show that he’s able to move more and the use of lighter colours would suggest to the audience that he is the protagonist. But the costume and chatracters have mainly been based on what i would wear in these situations and what i had available to me at the time.

Target Audience

My target audience for this film opening is like any other Horror or Thriller audience, teenagers to young adults. I have chosen this audience as I feel it is suitable for them and that this opening isn’t a family viewing one.

1 comment:

  1. Your comments are clear and relevant but you MUST illustrate with stills from your production and related images from professional films
    Mrs A

    ReplyDelete